Startup Social is a community based platform for entrepreneurs in the Washington, DC metro area who are seeking to learn how to thrive in a startup ecosystem by learning from the experiences of successful founders, make meaningful connections, collaborate, share ideas, challenges and successes.
Join us Wednesday, January 29 from 6-9pm for the ultimate insights from four or more successful startup Founders and investors on "Funding Your Startup”. The agenda includes an expertly moderated panel discussion, Q&A, startup pitch contest and networking.
DC area entrepreneurs are invited to attend to learn more about what it takes to build a successful startup, and have an opportunity to pitch their business and receive feedback.
Free parking available at Office Evolution Tysons - 8609 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 110 Tysons, VA.
- Brian Park, Co-founder & Managing Partner at SparkLabs Cyber+Blockchain A startup evangelist, advisor, and angel investor. He is the director for Startup Grind DC and Executive-In-Residence at the AOL Fishbowl Labs, which is the premiere startup incubator in the Washington DC area. He is also the Director of Product at Real Time Cases, an edtech startup that connects university classrooms to company boardrooms. He was also formerly the global COO of Startup Grind, which is the one of the largest hi-tech startup communities in the world with over 1,000,000 startup entrepreneurs in 200 cities. Prior to Startup Grind, he has over 18 years professional experience in web/online/mobile product development. He has experience in developing innovative consumer and enterprise products and services. Brian has started three previous startups – Logistics Information Technology, VA Care, and Securva. Notably VA Care, an IT health company, had over $20 million in total revenues. He has a BS in Information Systems/Policy & Management from Carnegie Mellon University.
- Lisa Friedlander, Business Development Manager for the NEXT Startup Platform at Shulman Rogers Lisa is no stranger to the startup world as a former corporate attorney and founder of Activity Rocket (sold to Thrively in 2017). She is well-known in the startup community as the current Business Development Manager for the NEXT Startup Platform at Shulman Rogers. Lisa is a recognized speaker, judge, and mentor and serves on the Executive Committee of a new female angel investment group Citrine Angels. Lisa also founded The Heartsongs Luncheon Fund in 2001 which has raised well over $1 million dollars for Children’s National Medical Center.
- Gisele Stolz, Director of the Mason Enterprise Center - Fairfax, Business Accelerator supported by George Mason University and the City of Fairfax EDA. Before joining the MEC, Gisele was the SBDC Director at the Community Business Partnership/MEC in Springfield, VA where counseled more than 400 clients, providing advice on growth, financing, marketing and making their businesses more efficient. In 2016, Gisele was one of five national winners of the SBA's nation-wide challenge to adapt the NSF's I-Corps Lean program for Main Street companies. Gisele started her career in corporate banking in Tokyo and then Hong Kong before moving to the United Arab Emirates. As the Business Development Director at the French Chamber of Commerce in Abu Dhabi, Gisele advised SMEs on how to expand their businesses in the UAE. She switched gears and jumped into the startup world in Switzerland where she worked for a high-tech startup before joining the accelerator at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) as the Head of Training Programs.
- Chris (Christos) Efessiou, Partner at the Newport Board Group, a partnership of senior executive leaders and board directors with deep knowledge of Executive Management, Business Strategy, Operations, R&D, Marketing, Commercialization, and Capital Markets.
- Pitch Founder Opportunity: Winner receives a one-month coworking membership at Office Evolution Tysons!
- Proceeds from 2020 events will be used to create a Startup Fund to be awarded to assist Startups!
Host/Venue Sponsor: John Yu, Office Evolution Tysons, providing flexible coworking and office space for startups and small businesses where innovations thrive, entrepreneurs are ambitious, and business communities come together.
Host: Lisa Shapiro, DCfempreneur, LLC , a community for DC area female entrepreneurs that collectively seek to combine and share skills, knowledge and expertise to help impact and grow their businesses to make them more purposeful, profitable and sustainable.
Food & Beverage Sponsor: Open
Questions: Contact john.Yu@officeevolution.com